Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Specialization

I've been on a lot... no, a lot of job interviews recently and one topic comes up a lot: what is my specialty?

It took me a while to figure out what this was. Not because I don't know, but because I like to do so many things. I sort of stressed over this for a while because I didn't want to pigeonhole myself. To find one, I went back to my old projects and looked at what I focused on time after time...

Parallel Processing

Using my gremlin analogy, imagine that your computer contains all sorts of different kinds of gremlins. Some are really small and only work in groups of four. Some are medium sized and can work well with others. Others are really big but don't work well with others.

My specialty is to get all of the different types of gremlins to work together and communicate very efficiently all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment